Thursday, May 5, 2016

SPICY EDAMAME

I have a really simple, maybe too simple, recipe to share with y’all today that I am just a little bit obsessed with! I’ve always liked edamame, but my LOVE affair with edamame started the other night when I went to dinner with one of my besties and we ordered spicy edamame… Oh my word, that stuff was good. Like GOOD, good! Since then I have been craving more so I figured there had to be a simple way to make it myself!

First, I’m going to tell you what NOT to try though. Please do not go to your local grocery store and buy a hot oil mixture off of the shelves. Please don’t. I made this mistake, and it was not fun. I thought maybe it was the same thing they used at the restaurant we went to because it LOOKED similar…IT WASN’T. Oh my word, that stuff is HOT. Thankfully, I had the forethought to just taste a small amount before dousing my entire bag of edamame in it, and even with the smallest bit, my mouth was on FIRE. They weren’t joking with the name hot oil.

Moving on, I turned to google as I always do, and of course, it didn’t fail me. I found this recipe, but my pantry is pretty #basic so I did not have any toasted sesame oil on hand nor did I want to do an impromptu HEB trip for ONE ingredient so I improvised.

All you need is:
Edamame (however much your hungry heart desires)
Olive Oil
Soy Sauce
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or Red Chili Flakes
Minced Garlic
Sea Salt Crystals (or regular salt- I don't think it makes a difference)

I’m lazy so I buy frozen edamame that steams in the bag in the microwave- don’t judge. While I’m waiting for that I’ll combine probably about 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil with what I’d guestimate to be about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Add about 3 cloves of minced garlic (fresh gives the spiciest taste) and however much red pepper you want (I eye ball it, but it’s probably about 1.5 teaspoons- just adjust it to how much bite you want), and then mix them together! Add the edamame to the bowl and toss with the sauce! After I’ve tossed with sauce I sprinkle the sea salt crystals! If the ratios are off and I need more of something, I'll add at this point! 


DE.LI.CIOUS. When I say I’m obsessed, I mean that on Monday I ate this for dinner. On Tuesday I ate this for lunch AND dinner, and today, as I type, I'm eating it for lunch. Is there such thing as the edamame only diet? Because if so, I'm in. 

So give it a try and let me know what you think or you can do it with the actual recipe, and it would probably be EVEN BETTER!


Thanks so much for reading!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment