Friday, April 1, 2016

SEPHORA HAUL

Does anyone else have a major problem spending gift cards? Just me? Cool. The other day I was paying bills when I noticed that one of my credit cards had a plethora of unredeemed rewards points, and this particular card lets you redeem points for gift cards...a shopaholic's dream, right?! I immediately redeemed them for gift cards to Sephora and Nordstrom, and when they came in the mail, I was like a kid on Christmas adding items from my Sephora loves list to my cart. It probably took me at least a week of adding and removing and adding and removing products to finally decide on what I wanted. For some reason, my brain thinks that spending a gift card is so much more serious a decision than spending actual money...I think that's a problem. It's just too final. Placing your order means your gift card is forever gone, but if you're using real money when you order, your bank account {hopefully} will still be there for you. 

Today I wanted to share a few short reviews on the products I ordered in case you have extra Sephora gift cards lying around you need to spend ;)


Burberry Effortless Contouring Pen Face & Eyes- I have been on the hunt for a cream contour product for months now. I love my Anastasia powder contour kit and have been using it since it came out, but unfortunately, all the highlight shades aren't light enough for my skin color so there is a lot of wasted product. I've tried the Anastasia cream contour kit in fair which I LOVED because they had light enough shades for my skin, but unfortunately, it made me break out. Then I tried the CoverFX cream contour kit, but again, the shades just weren't right. Next came Smashbox Contour Stick Trio; I actually didn't hate the contour and bronzing shades, but the highlight was too dark and the product didn't seem to last. Maybe I'm too picky? So... I momentarily gave up on cream contour until I read a product review for Burberry's Contour Pen; I actually love the product itself- creaminess, color and the way it blends, but I'm not sure that the amount of product given is worth the price.

Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid- Surprise, surprise. I'm on the hunt for a new foundation- when am I not?! Product junkie, remember? When I saw this foundation was available as a deluxe sample with my order I decided to try it out. The jury is still out. I applied it today when I did my makeup, but although it claims to be a medium to full coverage foundation, I seem to get more coverage from some of my light coverage foundations. On the other hand, it does seem to be living up to it's claim to be moisture-enhancing and soothing and is not clinging to any dry spots which is a big necessity for me.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder- Everyone and their mother rave about this setting powder so I finally ordered some after needed a new setting powder, and now I am jumping on the bandwagon! This stuff really is awesome. ^Remember that foundation I just talked about? It seemed to have a bit of a sticky finish until I set it with this. This powder gave it a smooth, velvety finish on my skin, and I can't wait to try it out with some of my other favorite foundations and products!

St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse- I. LOVE. THIS. Absolutely the best self tanning product I have found thus far. I applied it with a tanning mitt, and it went on super easy and evenly. Out of the bottle, the color looks a little intimidating for a ghost like me, but once it's on, it is the best  bronze color- absolutely not orangey at all! I have been loving aerosol and mousse bronzing products because they dry immediately, and you don't have to worry about the annoying streaks that can come along with lotions! Bottom line...buy this! It even comes in a small travel size for trips to the beach!

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick- Y'all. This is hands down the best liquid matte lipstick I've found. I got it in the shades Lolita II and Requiem. The application is a breeze, and it dries almost immediately. Unlike other liquid matte lipsticks I've tried, this does not feel stiff or drying at all. I love the color options and longevity of the Anastasia liquid lipsticks, but one smile in and you can actually see the cracks in the lipstick. Not to mention, the day after wearing it, my lips are so dry and cracked they feel like they are peeling off my face...sorry, that was graphic, but it is #notcute. I'm so obsessed with this new find that I am about to go buy it in every color! Not actually because bills, but as soon as another Sephora gift card comes around...you know what will be in my cart! ;) OH! In case you weren't convinced yet...the cool undertones in Lolita II make your teeth look extra white!

Sephora Collection Face Mask in Lotus- Moisturizing & Soothing- Okay, I didn't buy this at the same time, but I used it last night! Let me tell you, it was amazing on my skin. My skin felt so hydrated and calm afterwards- absolutely no stinging or irritation. I would definitely give this a try if you've been looking for something to hydrate and sooth dry or red skin. I think I may have given my hubby a heart attack when I walked up behind him {okay, you're right...I did it on purpose} so that's always a fun bonus ;)

I hope y'all enjoyed this round up of my recent beauty buys! Let me know if you have any questions for me or product recommendations! I'd love to try them out!

Thank you so much for reading!

PS- IT'S FRI-YAY!!!!! 

2 comments: