Thursday, April 21, 2016

OVERCOMING FEAR

I'm extremely excited and nervous for this post today! Let me warn you and say IT. IS. A. LONG. ONE. So grab a coffee and read away!

This is a completely different type of post than you'd normally find here on Cassidy Rae Blog, and if you are just here for the style posts, then THANK YOU and check back soon for our regularly scheduled awkward pics with Cassidy ;)! Today I want to share my heart and what has been going on in our lives recently. Something I have always struggled with is my fear of failure. I have a very strong (unhealthy, at times) fear of failing at something I try or disappointing someone, and countless times in my life, I have let my fear of failure stop me from doing something. I'm sure you've all heard the saying, "Don't let the fear of failure keep you from playing the game." Yeah, well, easier said than done. I have always had a bad habit of letting my fear keep me from trying something new! In college, it pains me to admit it, but I got my degree in a field I enjoy but wasn't passionate about simply because I was afraid that I might fail if I shoot for something bigger or something that took me out of my comfort zone.

I've been wanting to write a personal style/fashion/beauty/lifestyle blog for probably the last five years (at least), but do you know that I created this blog a whole year before I ever really put myself out there and decided not to be afraid of failing or what people may think about it and just GO FOR IT?! I was so scared that people would judge me for how I looked in pictures or think I was shallow because I cared about frivolous things like shopping, clothes, and beauty products! It wasn't until almost two months ago that I remembered that God tell us that He didn't give us a spirit of fear but of power (2 Timothy 1:7)! I finally put my fears of what other people thought aside and focused on what God thought. He is the one who created me, who gave me a passion for clothes, for styling, for wanting to help girls and women feel their very best, and it's my job to be a good steward of those gifts and to use them in a way that would glorify him.

Galations 1:10
"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Not looking to the approval of our peers is extremely hard in a world where material things rule over us so easily if we let them, but I want my life to be a journey of seeking and looking to please God, not man. I want my life and my goals to be about helping others; however, I am not searching for their approval but God's approval. Talk about a really hard concept to master especially for a people pleaser like me! I am constantly guilty of letting my light for Christ be dimmed for fear of what others will think. It is by no means something I have down, but God has definitely been working on this in me. I finally let go of my fears and let God take over, and I believe that with this blog, I have the platform to reach girls and women that I never would have before! Even if I can help one person boost their self confidence or plant a seed in one person about the richness and fullness of life that Christ offers us, then it is all worth it. Even if I was the only person on earth, Jesus still would have given his life to save mine so I will seek to serve him and glorify him even if I ever only impact one person.
Print here
I wanted to share my heart on that first because I have decided to overcome my fear of failure and step out of my comfort zone in another area of my life! I've shared on the blog a while back that my hubby went into the military last fall. He has been in training since then for his future job, and we were a few months out from leaving San Antonio when he broke his hand. :( At that point, we had already made plans with my "nanny fam" {as I like to call them ;)} that I would be leaving in the fall so they enrolled all three kids in full day school. The timing was pretty amazing because I have been with this family almost 2 years now and absolutely dreaded the thought of leaving them and this kids to go through the process of getting to know and trust a new nanny, but right around this time one of their grandparents decided to move to San Antonio just a couple blocks from their house! Both of parents are doctors and have extremely full schedules but decided it would be best for everyone if instead of hiring a new nanny, the kids went to school full day and their grandma would take care of them after school until mom and dad got home from work. Needless to say, it was a bit of an answer to prayer and a relief that there wouldn't be a ton of upheaval with me leaving if they'd get to be with grandma all the time ;) So insert a broken hand and delayed plans with leaving San Antonio and we find Cassidy unemployed as of four months from now. {Man's plans vs. God's plans- amiright?! He absolutely used this for HIS GOOD!} Unemployment is a very scary thought no matter how far in advance you know about it. I'd love to find another amazing family like my nanny fam now, but with the chance of having to leave San Antonio sometime in the near future, unless the job was purposefully temporary, I wouldn't feel right about coming into a family and children's lives only to leave them soon after.

That's where I am and where I have been for the last two or three months- praying about what God has for us in the near future and asking that He will open the right doors and give us the courage to walk through them without fear of failure. I've been praying for a while now that He would bring me a job opportunity that I could take with D and I wherever God and the military take us in the future. That's when a friend through church approached me about a career opportunity with Rodan + Fields that has been a huge blessing for her family. If you've never heard of them, Rodan + Fields is a premium skincare line created by Dr. Katie Rodans and Dr. Kathy Fields, the dermatologists who created Proactiv.

Just to share a few facts about the company:
R+F has been and still is the fastest growing premium skincare company in the U.S.
R+F is the #1 premium anti-aging skincare brand AND the #1 premium brand acne treatment. 
R+F launched in Canada a year ago and is slated to launch in Australia later this year.
R+F is not a "home parties" based company; we do not stock inventory, and we are not responsible for delivering/returning products. 
R+F clinical grade skin care products were the #1 brand in high end retailers including Nordstrom before hitting the direct sales market, and we receive a TON of free press every month (Oprah, Ellen, Harper's Bazaar, Allure, Forbes, Fitness magazine, People, Fox Business News..to name a few).
R+F offers a 60-day money back guarantee for both customers AND consultants! 
{My personal favorite} I can earn an income for being the "product junkie" that I am, trying out new products, and talking about it! 


So those are just a few things about the "what" of this new venture, but I'd also like to share the "why" of all this. As I mentioned before, sometime in the very near future D and I will both be pushed out of our comfort zone of family and friends and San Antonio! Neither of us have ever lived anywhere else {CRAZY to think about}, and it won't be long before we are moving from place to place starting from scratch each time. God has put it so heavily on my heart to create a business and an income for us and our future family that can travel with us- something that will be a blessing for us and something that will help take extra stress off of D as he is training to fight for and defend our country's freedom! I want to do everything in my power {with God's help} to give my hubby as little as possible to worry about or think about when he is away, and I feel that contributing in this way financially is one way I can do that. I truly believe that God brought this to us as an answer to a very specific prayer. We've been praying about whether or not R+F would be the right opportunity for us, and my prayer was simply that if this was where God wanted us to go that he would take away my fear of failure and give me the confidence to move forward boldly with it! And, you guys, that is EXACTLY what he did! D has been encouraging me in it from the very first time I talked with my friend about this, and the Lord completely took away my spirit of fear and worry and replaced it with an excitement and confidence in this venture!!!! 

I am in no way a "sales" person, and it definitely doesn't come naturally to me, by any means. I don't want y'all to think, 'Oh, great. Here's another sales pitch to me by that "Rodan + Fields girl." Quick, run away!' The only way that I feel I can succeed in this business is by being real. I'm just going to test things out and share with y'all products that have worked for me and worked for other people, and if you want to know about something further, just ask! I promise I'm not going to badger you to death ;) 

My relationships are so much more important to me than making a buck, and if you've been following along recently, I think you can already tell that when I'm excited about something, I'm going to share because I want every one I know to love it just as much as I do! {Speaking of which, I think I've found a new holy grail dry shampoo!!! No, it's not R+F so I'm not making a dime! More on that later ;)} So there it is! That's exactly how I'm approaching this new adventure, and I hope that you will support me in it whether it be in prayers, encouragement, or product purchases! I will need every single one of those things to succeed! 

Oh my goodness, I had no idea exactly how long this was going to be when I started writing, and if you made it this far, you are a SAINT! Thank you so much for reading and letting me share my heart with you! I want to leave y'all with one more verse that I'm praying over this new business venture. 

Tumblr
Psalm 46:5
God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day. 

1 comment:

  1. Love you! Praying for you always! You've got the skillz to pay the billz (that came from the 90's. Sorry.)

    ReplyDelete