Wednesday, April 27, 2016

MOTHER'S DAY GIFT GUIDE, PART 1

Happy Wednesday, y'all! 

I apologize for the later than usual post, but this week has been very busy! With Mother's Day right around the corner, this week I'm going to be sharing a two-part post series with some fun ideas for Mother's Day gifts I think all the moms in your lives would love! 

I know every mom is unique and has her own special style, but I believe there are some things that women never grow out of getting as gifts. Remember those things of your mom's that you'd look at with amazement as a little girl and the things that were so meaningful to you to receive when you finally got a little older? I remember my first real perfume {as opposed to Bath & Body Works body spray}, my first designer purse, and the first time my mom took me to get my makeup done professionally! Those little things of wonder are the gifts I believe we, as women, never lose the giddiness for receiving. No matter how many we may have, there's something about us that treasures them now just as much as the very first time we received them. 


One of those treasures of my mom's that I always thought was so mesmerizing was her scent. There is something about the mixture between the beauty of the collection of perfume bottles on her vanity and the scent that you can pick out of a crowd as "your mom's" that is so special and magical to me. I can still bring to mind the smell of the perfume Marme wore all throughout my childhood! She doesn't wear that same scent anymore, but a few years ago, she asked for a new perfume for Christmas so I went perfume shopping and had so much fun trying to pick out the perfect scent! Coco Mademoiselle was the winner, and I still try to sneak a spritz in for myself every once in a while when I am at her house! However, if you're nervous to pick out a scent for your mom, Sephora sells perfume sampler boxes that come with a variety of perfume samples so your mom can test them out and decide which she likes best. Then {the best part} the sample boxes come with a voucher inside for a full size perfume! I hope whoever came up with this idea is very rich right now because- genius! You win again, Sephora. 


Then there are bags...I don't know about you, but I don't know any woman who doesn't love a new bag. My Marme has carried a {chic} backpack purse for as far back as I can remember so I'm always on the hunt for her next one. I'm kind of in love with this Tory Burch style, and the color options are divine! It doesn't even have to be a designer purse; you can find super cute purses everywhere from Target to DSW! In all honesty, the backpack purse my mom is carrying now I bought her from Target over a year ago, and it. is. so. chic. I was tempted to keep it for myself, but the purse she had then was majorly overdue to head to purse heaven. 


I love me a good watch. Who doesn't?! There might be a theme developing here, but my Marme has been going steady with the same Michael Kors watch for years now also. It's not that she doesn't love buying new things, but she is so selfless that she would rather spend the money on her family than purchase something big for herself. Most of her designer goods have been gifts! I'm serious when I say that she is the most selfless woman I know, and I pray that I can continue to become more and more like her. Watches are such beautiful, timeless pieces to invest in so they make the perfect gifts for mom. I love the classic style of this Daniel Wellington watch, and the Orla Kiely watch would be special for her because my mom and I first discovered Orla Kiely's fun, colorful brand in London! She took me there after I graduated from high school, and we loved how bright and fun her line was. Thank goodness she finally made her way to the states! 


Y'all. Shopping for my mom is my favorite! Shopping for anyone takes a little bit of trial and error, at first, but when you nail it and choose that piece that becomes a closet staple, there's nothing better! Last year, I picked out these wedges for her when we were shopping, and she hasn't taken them off since...so I think it's time to add a new pair to the rotation- I love these black espadrilles. 

Anthropologie is one of my mom's favorite stores {isn't it everyone's?!} so I try to buy her clothes or gift cards from there as often as I can! I can totally picture her looking so cute with her wedges and jeans in this gingham chambray button up,  but I might also have to pick one up for myself! Please do not skip Anthropologie's jewelry section...What I love about their jewelry is that it's always gorgeous and unique. Marme isn't going to walk out of the house one morning and be jewelry twins with the tween from down the street. You won't find similar pieces of jewelry at all the other stores in the mall which makes their pieces worth the price. 

Last but never least- lipstick! Marme is religious about her lipstick application. She doesn't leave the house without lipliner and lipstick, and she doesn't leave a restaurant or the car without making sure she doesn't need to reapply. I guess that's where my love of lipstick started, and now I love picking them out for her too! I got her to try one of my favorite lip colors a while back, and now she rocks it all the time! It's NYX Indie Flick, and it honestly looks better on her than on me! I've heard amazing things about these new Bite Amuse Bouche Lipsticks so I want to pick some up for us to try! 

So this was a really long post, but I hope it gave you some great ideas for all the moms, mother in laws, grandmas or whoever else you are buying presents for! My mom is one of the most important and special people in my life, and I am who I am because of her. My Marme devotes every single day of the year to serving her family so I want to make sure she feels precious and loved on her special day! 

My most favorite picture of us! She looked SO stunning at my wedding! 

Thank you so much for reading! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment