Wednesday, April 20, 2016

GIRLFRIEND JEANS









Top (S), almost sold out...love this & this | Jeans (28) 40% off with code STYLE | Wedges (6.5; run a tad bit narrow) If you're sick of these by now, check out these, these, and these ;) | Purse | Necklace- I made it bc I couldn't spend $105 on this beauty *insert heart eyes emoji* | Sunnies

I'm sure y'all know boyfriend jeans have been all the rage for a while now, but for some reason, I have never found a pair I like. I'm just going to be real here and say that every time I try on a pair, I look like I weigh about 300 pounds more- not cute. Every time I see them on someone else, I LOVE the look, and it rekindles my desire to find the perfect pair. 

Enter the introduction of the "girlfriend" jean. They're a new spin on the boyfriend jean of years past {and present!}, but these are a little less baggy and a bit more slim fitting. I tried on this pair and was so excited because instead of looking like I just put on an extra 300 pounds, they were flattering while still giving the slouchy, laid-back vibe I had been craving! They definitely take some getting used to, but I think they are a nice break from my skinnies. Even after my Marme took these pictures and I was looking through them, I was still a little iffy about how they looked, but part of the journey of discovering your personal style is getting out of your comfort zone and going for it so here we are! 

Another bonus is that they are so comfortable! I've been wearing them at work all this week with my leopard tennies, obviously, and it's like having on a pair of chic yoga pants ;)

Do you love boyfriend jeans? Have you given girlfriend jeans a try yet? 

Thanks for reading! XOXO


3 comments:

  1. those are super cute, so now we have boyfriend jeans, girlfriend jeans, when will someone invent "grandma jeans" that are just as cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about Mom jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna rock some mom jeans soon! :p

    ReplyDelete