Wednesday, March 16, 2016

CHAMPAGNE TASTE

Shopping has always been a big thing my Marme and I love to do together. Actually, let me rephrase. I have always loved going shopping with my Marme. It is probably more enjoyable now for her than it was when I was little because I was (and still am) one of the pickiest people ever. From the food I ate to the clothes I wore to the way the seam on my sock felt in my shoes, if I didn't like it, you better believe she heard about it. Sorry, Marme! 

Needless to say, taking me shopping was probably one of the most frustrating things for my Marme because I would take FOREVER to decide on something- a new Easter dress, school supplies (she would take me to every store in SA until I found the perfect binder #middleschoolprobs), a new pair of tennies (I still decide solely on appearance-drives D bonkers), and on top of that I have always had very expensive taste... #limitedtooeverything. Marme always used to tell me I had "champagne taste on a beer budget." 

While shopping together is much more enjoyable for her now (at least I hope!), my taste hasn't changed at all. Put a line up of clothes in front of me, I can always seem to pick out the most expensive. What can I say? It's a talent- one that my bank account (and husband) don't always appreciate! Don't get me wrong- I'm all about splurging on certain items that are closet staples you'll have forever or treating yourself on special occasions, but I also have a husband who doesn't want to live on the streets just so I can have a pair of Valentino Rockstud pumps (weird, I know). So while these are on my splurge wish list, for now, I love finding designer inspired items that I can still enjoy without my hubby having a heart attack and my bank account revolting. 


What are some of your save and splurge items? I'd love to hear and maybe add them to mine ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment